Heating Oil Tank Solutions
A healthy heating oil tank is an important part of your heating system. It doesn’t just store your heating oil; it protects the quality of your heating oil. Quality oil is essential to the dependability and efficiency of your heating system.
On this page, we'll guide you through the intricacies of above ground and below ground oil tanks. We aim to empower you with the knowledge necessary for making informed decisions about your home's heating infrastructure.
Here, we cover:
- installation of new oil tanks
- heating oil tank upgrades
- heating oil tank maintenance tips
- oil tank protection plans
We recognize that each home is unique, and our approach is tailored to meet those individual needs.
In this section, we'll delve into the specifics of different oil tank types, offer guidance on regular inspections vital for your safety and the longevity of your tank, and introduce our comprehensive Tank Protection Plans. These plans are designed to give you peace of mind, ensuring that your heating system runs smoothly throughout the year.
Contact us for all your heating oil tank needs:
Contact Us For Heating Oil Tank Services
Above Ground Heating Oil Tanks
The majority of heating oil tanks that Modern Comfort services are 275-gallon “above ground” tanks. An above ground oil tank may be located in a basement area or outside the house.
- Oil Tank Inspection: Our service technicians will inspect your above-ground oil tank as part of your annual system tune-up. Additionally, our oil drivers keep a watchful eye when making deliveries to outside oil tanks they can see. And while you can count on us to let you know if they see signs that your tank is weakening, it’s important to know that once that process begins, a tank can quickly become unusable.
- Oil Tank Life Span: There are many factors that determine how long an aboveground heating oil tank will last. The average life of an aboveground heating oil tank is approximately 15 years. Outdoor oil tanks that are exposed to the elements may not last as long.
Oil Tank Maintenance
Your oil tank is part of your property and requires upkeep. These simple steps will help keep your above-ground oil tank in good shape and prolong its life.
Keep the area around your heating oil tank clear and as visible as possible. Do a visual inspection of your tank at the beginning and end of each heating season.
Remove debris that could dent or puncture your oil tank.
Look for loose or chipped paint on your tank. Brush any exposed metal lightly with steel wool before applying touch-up enamel.
Look for oil stains on the underside of your tank. If you see any stains on the tank or floor, please call us immediately!
Do not touch any part of a tank that appears to be rusted or damaged.
Be mindful of fuel quality to help prevent the formation of tank sediment, which can shorten the life of your tank and cause system breakdowns.
Call us if you have any concerns about your heating oil tank! We are happy to help.
Oil Tank Protection Plan
A Tank Protection Plan is an easy and inexpensive way to plan for the eventual replacement of your heating oil tank. Priced at only $72 per year, it covers oil tank replacement prescribed by a Modern Comfort Systems technician as follows:
Oil tank replacement during the 1st year of coverage = 50% customer co-payment
Oil tank replacement during the 2nd year of coverage = 35% customer co-payment
Replacement after 2 years = no customer co-payment!
There is a 90-day waiting period before the above co-payment schedule would go into effect.
For most heating oil tanks, a Tank Protection Plan will more than pay for itself when the time comes to replace your oil tank!
For more information call or contact us.
Heating Oil Tank Brands We Install
- Weld-free galvanized steel outer tank capable of holding 110% of the primary tank.
- Seamless high-density polyethylene inner tank.
Highly visible optical leak alarm.
- 55% lighter than a 12-gauge steel tank with a larger storage capacity.
- Cover for outside use
- Premier Industry Warranty of 30 years with 10 years insurance, $2 million clean up policy
- The bottom outlet configuration allows for the natural elimination of water build-up from condensation
- Made from ASTM A-1011 steel
Robust tank leg brackets for greater stability
- All tanks are factory pressure tested prior to shipping
- Granby 3-Year USA Warranty Standard Residential 12G Tank Installed After February 1st 2023